As some of you may know, 1 week ago today we wrapped up our Kickstarter to fund our Freedom Fighter Initiative. It was a huge success! We were asking for $7k to fund a video shoot, a photo shoot and promotional materials/apparel to raise awareness for the cause. We ended up raising over $8k! Huge thank you to everyone who donated and supported us in this endeavor. Huge thanks to brand ambassador, and military veteran Mike "Woody" Woodward for going above and beyond in seeking out and securing donations!
To those of you new to the site, or to our brand, here's a bit about our Freedom Fighter Initiative;
The Freedom Fighter Initiative is an effort to bring fighters, athletes and military veterans into the fight against human trafficking. We have partnered with an organization by the name of Traffick911 (traffick911.com) in this fight. Traffick911 works tirelessly to fight domestic minor sex trafficking right here in North Texas. In 2014 alone Traffick911:
- Educated over 12k people with their prevention and awareness message,
- Trained over 3k first responders in how to identify and rescue victims,
- Sent over 150 actionable leads to law enforcement
- Helped identify and rescue 70 victims of domestic minor sex trafficking, and helped 30 of those survivors with trauma informed, restorative aftercare.
As previously stated, our goal is to bring fighters, athletes, and military veterans into this fight against human trafficking. Several have already stepped forward, to date the list includes;
- UFC fighters- Matt Hobar, Damon Jackson and Sean Spencer
- Muay Thai fighters- Kevin "Da Soul Assassin" Ross, and Eddie Abasolo
- MMA fighters - Zane Behrend, Jahmaal "The Bomber" Benford, Rodney Rampersad, Steven "Ocho" Peterson, Charles Byrd, and Chris Jones.
- BJJ athletes - Professor Octavio Couto, Mike Anderson, Keegan Watters, and Kayla Renee.
- Active Duty & Military Veterans - Mike Woodward
If you would like to join this growing movement, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more infornation, or buy some Freedom Fighter gear. A percentage of all proceeds from the sale of Freedom Fighter gear benefits Traffick911.
Nate & Josh Bagby